Striving to do our bit for society
Much before corporate social responsibility [CSR] becoming mandatory for corporates, Unichem was already involved in serving the society.
Unichem being a pharmaceutical company is naturally inclined to improve the health of general public at large and the company is well known for its quality and reliability for over seven decades.
The company has identified Healthcare and Education as its main focus of CSR projects and initiatives.
Adiwasi Unnati Mandal (AUM)
The Adiwasi Unnati Mandal (AUM) was founded by the late Mr. Amrut Mody along with co-founder, the late Mr. Shantibhai Sheth. Unichem’s Chairman and Managing Director, Dr.Prakash. A Mody, is a trustee at AUM and has carried over his father’s legacy to achieve the mission of AUM, which caters to various needs of the Adiwasi population at Shahpur Taluka in Thane District, especially for the economically backward sections. AUM has a strong and dedicated team of doctors and paramedic.
AUM has been providing the following community services:
- Medical activities through OPD camps
- Donation of spectacles after cataract surgery
- Dental extractions, treatment and preventive care for children
- Special treatment for tuberculosis, leprosy and epilepsy
- Equipment for school laboratory and sports; notebooks, compass boxes and lunch boxes to school children
- Mid-day meals like Khichadi, biscuits, fruit juices, milk powder and drinking water to Adiwasis
- Improving hygiene by providing washroom facilities
- Career guidance to S.S.C. and H.S.C. students and distribution of awards to top rankers
AUM has its own “Amrutshanti Community and Health Centre” at Taki in Shahpur Taluka, where it caters mainly to medical needs of the Adiwasi population.